Lifted Souls is a community-based organisation situated in Mwea, Kenya founded in 2018.
We are a grassroots organisation addressing the issue of Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in our community. Forms of violence we address include physical, sexual, psychological and economic violence and we seek to eliminate these by:
- Running Advocacy Campaigns Against Gender Based Violence
- Providing Psycho-Social Support to Victims and Survivors; Group therapy and individual counseling session
- Sexual Reproductive Health Rights Seminars for Young Adults
- Setting up Income-generating activities for Victims and Survivors
- Improving Reporting and response systems for/with stakeholders
- Care and counselling centre referrals
We focus on tackling unhealthy socially accepted practices embedded in our traditions that encourage Gender-Based Violence and inequalities between genders. As an organisation, we seek to leave a sustainable impact and conserve healthy cultural practices.
To challenge and reform social constructs that encourage Gender-Based Violence in our community.
To see the end of gender inequality and conserve healthy cultural practices that make our community distinct.